Nous sommes le 19 Avr 2024 18:07

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 1686 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Suivante
Auteur Message
 MessagePosté: 27 Nov 2007 19:15      Sujet du message: Baki/Garoden - Keisuke Itagaki (For English-speaking)

Mortel

KiruaEikichi Edit : There is many English-speaking who come here to speak about Baki.
Now I will ask for every english-speaking to speak in english only here, and not in the other topic of Baki. If you want speak in the other topic you should try to speak in french.
You can find english translation of Baki SOO here

And french you can speak here to, but in english, but try to don't speak only here.

Enjoy

Hey everyone, like many others I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. Nice to see you here Reichan :)

MessagePosté: 27 Nov 2007 19:25      Sujet du message:

Ritual Moderator

You can do an introduction of you here

MessagePosté: 27 Nov 2007 23:09      Sujet du message:

Archangel

Garou BOY a écrit:
Hey everyone, like many others I'm new here and just wanted to introduce myself. Nice to see you here Reichan :)

Nice to meet you Garou boy. I dont understand do you speak french or not? You blog seems to be written in french... :D

MessagePosté: 28 Nov 2007 20:14      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Hey, Garou boy good to see that you've made it too this forum.

@ Tophunter: I guess I was wrong about Oliva and Baki. It's just so hard to believe that it's over already, frankly I'm a bit sour about how the fight went down. we've seen much better fights in the first Baki series: Jack Vs Baki or Retsu Vs Baki. I had really high expectations for oliva, and frankly I'm irritated about how Baki has been winning his matches lately. This is Yanagi all over again. . . I hope Oliva comes back, and fights someone else like Jack. :roll:

MessagePosté: 28 Nov 2007 20:41      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

I got to agree, the fight between olivia and Baki started good but ended too soon I think. Ah well Hope Yuujiro Vs Baki will be better.

MessagePosté: 28 Nov 2007 21:05      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Hey Mr. War, it's awesome that you're here too!

I'm really hoping that just for the hell of it we get to see Oliva vs Jack Hammer - That'd be one brutal match. We need a fight like that, the Baki fights lately have been lackluster.

MessagePosté: 28 Nov 2007 22:07      Sujet du message:

Mortel

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has noticed the decreasing quality of baki's matches as of late. They've have been awful ever since the "Romantic Contact" chapter. I've seen one sided fights before, but Baki as of late has really set the bar. Yanagi's rematch with Baki was just terrible, Baki made him look like a child even though he had help from slosky. We've seen one sided matches before in Baki: Oliva Vs Guevera or Doppo Vs Dorian [rematch]. But, I could at least say Guevera or Dorian gave there opponents a hard time.

I can't say the same for: Ali Jr, Kaku Shusei, Yanagi and Slosky, and one of the strongest characters in the series Oliva.

MessagePosté: 29 Nov 2007 10:55      Sujet du message:

Mortel

hey garou boy, yeah I live here, this is my house, moi chateau
we can comment here but you gonna get the hell of spoiled in son of ogre but is ok, we will be here in no time.

sorry about the last post minna!! I got pissed off

good news Wild fang project will pick up SHAMO for everybody from 20-25, one of the staff will find the translation and we will share it all around!!!

MessagePosté: 29 Nov 2007 16:59      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

my thoughts on baki manga and anime so far:

we found out that baki defeated oliva, i wasn't surprised oliva after all is just a bodybuilder ,he posses just brute strenght and thats enough to defeat majority of the fighters,but sooner or later a guy like this will find his match...oliva's training consists in lifting big weights and eating plenty of food...baki on the other had train allot in fighting,techniques and he is more raw than oliva ....the face of baki while leaving uncounciouss oliva and going thru that wall shows how wild can he be.

i dont like baki anymore ,he's more soft ,he spent allot of time with kozue
...he also said that he never wanted to become the strongest...just a little bit more than yujiro so now surpassing he's father has become more a burdden than a challenge.

Jack Hanma on the other hand likes to fight.....he train harder than baki,he's desire was far greater than him......''i need to train myself severly ,if my body can't take it than its my fate''.....''dont want to win but live a long life?''.

Reichan said that baki son of ogre going to be 40 or 50 volumes so that means that Itagaki going to introduce new characters.
...have you realized that the quality of baki son of ogre is lower than ''in search of the strongest hero'' ?just compare vol 30 of NEW GRAPPLER BAKI WITH ANY OTHER BOOKS IN ''SOS''

Pickle was introduced to show us the best of Yujiro...this character has been made just for him,i dont think that baki is going to infere whit this Cave Man...unfortunately Pickle is just strong but not smart so that is going to be the difference.The other fighters doppo,gouky,retsu,jack,katsumi and the other guy have shown up just to leave in a army truck back to their homes?wtf?

MessagePosté: 29 Nov 2007 17:20      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Silviu, I understand where you're coming from. For me it's as if Baki has become "lazy" - as in he just doesn't seem to care about things and can just "do them". He just doesn't have that desire anymore like he did when he was younger (at least to me). The fights now are won with strange techniques rather than extended fighting, and when's the last time Baki did any sort of grappling move?

I love Jack Hammer and wish he'd have more of a part, as well as Gaia.
I admit that BAKI was more fun to read than the current SOO, there were just so many characters introduced and it was awesome to see different characters returning to fight (Katou, Gaia, Shinogi, etc)

I got really excited when they tied Pickle into SOO. I was pissed off when they built up this huge scene with some of the best returning fighters (who I haven't really seen since BAKI) gathering together to get a look at Pickle only to fucking leave with the military. I really hope Pickle escapes or something and fights against everyone. I miss the action of the old Baki :(

MessagePosté: 29 Nov 2007 21:12      Sujet du message:

Mortel

You guys summed up my feelings for current Baki well. I enjoyed the original Baki, back when he actually gave a damn about fighting. Which is why I prefer the original series over New Grappler Baki and Son of The Ogre. Back then, Baki did nothing but fight or train. He never underestimated his opponents and always looked for new ways to become stronger: Like training under judo Motobe Izo in order to fight a wrestler or Shadow boxing 1000 times before his match with Retsu and all the times he trained as a kid. That's what I loved about Baki, he was all about hardcore training. Maybe he wasn't as hardcore as jack, but he was determined enough for you to actually respect him. but, eventually things took a turn for the worst. I cannot say why, but I believe it was the introduction of hanma's special bloodline which allowed him to felled Retsu. . .this is when Baki as a character started to change. I was tolerant of it, because it was introduced rather late in the series, and I had a rather high opinion of Baki. But, during New Grappler baki and the "Romantic Contact Chapter" I lost all patience with Baki's easy wins and half hearted attitude. Even Hanayama had to tell Baki to shape up, because frankly he's not the same. SOO might be a change in the right direction, since kozue is no where in sight and Baki seems to have regained some of his fighting spirit. His sparring with Tysons shadow and 100 kilo praying mantis were evidence of this. He seems more focus, but I can't be 100% sure. His fight with oliva was dissapointing, but it's nowhere near as bad as his battles during New Grappler Baki.

I understand where you guys are coming from as well. Son of the ogre so far has not really given the korakuen fighters much attention, but I'm willing to be patient. There are alot of interesting new characters: Guevera and Pickle. I'm still sour about what happened to oliva, but I hope he returns and fights someone like Jack. My dream matches are:

Oliva Vs Jack
Retsu Vs Jack
Guevera Vs Ali Jr.

And a couple more.

I'd also like to see some more fighters from Raitai return.

MessagePosté: 29 Nov 2007 23:00      Sujet du message: Baki - Keisuke Itagaki (For English-speaking)

Ritual Moderator

There is many English-speaking who come here to speak about Baki.
Now I will ask for every english-speaking to speak in english only here, and not in the other topic of Baki. If you want speak in the other topic you should try to speak in french.

And french you can speak here to, but in english, but try to don't speak only here.

Enjoy

MessagePosté: 29 Nov 2007 23:07      Sujet du message:

Archangel

That sounds good to me though 8)

Thank you Kirua :wink:

MessagePosté: 29 Nov 2007 23:12      Sujet du message:

Archangel

@ : Mr War

About Scarface, Dollarman is working on it . It's just a matter of time ok :wink:

MessagePosté: 29 Nov 2007 23:26      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

Here we go someone asked for Baki Scarface v02 ? 8)
That's for you Mr War I think : http://sharebee.com/25fce70c

MessagePosté: 29 Nov 2007 23:36      Sujet du message:

Archangel

WAHOUU ! Dollarman you're so fast , I'm sur Wild fang project would hire you :lol:

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 00:02      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

nope ..dont think so..those guys charge dollars.
dollarman share's it free...the irony

10x dollarman for a great book!!!

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 00:10      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

Tophunter i'm still waiting for vol 31 of new grappler baki :(

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 00:11      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Why the hell did Ali Jr get beaten so fast at the end of BAKI? Vol 30 was all about Ali Jr and he shows up in the next volume just to get his ass beat easily by Baki? It felt like Itegaki just wanted to hurry and finish that arc :?

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 00:43      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Garou BOY a écrit:
Why the hell did Ali Jr get beaten so fast at the end of BAKI? Vol 30 was all about Ali Jr and he shows up in the next volume just to get his ass beat easily by Baki? It felt like Itegaki just wanted to hurry and finish that arc :?

I can't figure it out myself, and it's the main reaso why I cannot stand Baki as a character anymore. My favorite characters are: Doppo, Yanagi, Rahon Shobun, and Oliva. Now I've taken notice too Guevera and Pickle.

I hope Guevera and Oliva return soon.

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 00:53      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

i thought that was the best thing! a boxer doesn't stand a chance against
a mixed martial artist !ali jr. defeated doppo and shibukawa beacause tose shots to tha chin which no matter how hard you train is a natural chemical self defence system...but those guys tooks the rematch...fucked him up good

i think that itagaki just wanted to introduce a legend:Muhammad Ali and a little story about it

Yujiro said to Muhamad ali when they were younger that he spread his seeds all over the world..and now there are little devils you love to play with''hope that itagaki didn't forgot about that statement and soon we will meet new hanma members .

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 01:00      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Silviu a écrit:
i thought that was the best thing! a boxer doesn't stand a chance against

I gotta partly disagree, In fighting certain styles can give you advantages, but at the end of the day it comes down to individual skill. Ali jr was adept when it came to fighting grapplers and mixed stylist. I'm not saying he should have one, but he should have done damage to baki.

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 01:10      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Thanks for the link dollar man, but how do I download?

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 01:16      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Damn... A full topic just for Baki in English 8)
I gives you an idea how this manga is getting popular :P

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 01:36      Sujet du message:

Ritual Moderator

Mr War a écrit:
Thanks for the link dollar man, but how do I download?

Click on the link, and after you choose if you want dl it with rapidshare or megaupload etc. so after you click on the link you want use.

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 01:44      Sujet du message:

Mortel

I don't understand, first you click the link, then click the type of download [Rapidshare, Megaupload] and then what do you do?

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 02:19      Sujet du message:

Ritual Moderator

If you use megaupload, you will see :
"Veuillez taper" (= please write) following by 3 letter, in front there is "ici" (=here) and here you write the 3 letters, then you clic on download, you should wait 45secondes.
After this 45s, you clic on "free download" and the dl will start

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 02:59      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Not working for me, everytime I choose any download option E.G. Rapidshare or Megaupload. It takes me back to the same page, no matter what I pick.

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 16:44      Sujet du message:

Mortel

yyyeeeahhhh finally we can discuss Baki in english here, spoilers and all....

Okay in defense of Baki, the current series, I have to agree that Baki changed a lot, but is not a bad change since he grew up already and he surpassed the Hanma blood in the battle of Oliva, but as you guys can see, Baki is not a kid anymore, he is matured in a way that he realized that he never wanted to be the strongest after all, he wanted to be praised and appreciated for his efforts and he ended up with a mother dead, a twisted father and a grudge to end.

Baki cannot be happy and cannot quit either no matter what he does, this is not the passionate young one we all got to see and like, Baki is tired of fighting and all these people coming to him to challenge, last time he went to china was for the sake of healing himself and the combination of growing up to a mature state and the super recovery he had on the Raitai tournament, made him superior in his fighting skills like nobody else in the world. therefore he reached a "yuujiro state", so close that he wanted to finish business right away with Yuujiro and living the life he always wanted to live....Away from fighting.

The series of SON OF OGRE is deeper in meaning, more philosophy, more in depth and we know that Baki has one last fight, he will not fight in the korakuen anymore with anybody, but we know that Yuujiro told him "yeah sure, you gonna beat me, since you haven't beated anybody that I would respect" thats why the Oliva's fortress chapter was necesary, and that was a hard fight which made Baki raise a level that was acceptable to have a decent chance against yuujiro...Until pickle appeared.

Guys, the manga cant follow the DBZ formula, let's say you were 13 when you started to read the manga and you wanted battles and hardcore action now you are 29, Grappler Baki has all that, The search was more of a side adventure that entertained and cleared various things about baki becoming a man, Baki is a lifetime adventure and he's an adult now, he realized he doesnt like to fight and he is preparing himself for one last crude battle, until someone uncover a prehistoric menace not known to man, this is a challenge to yuujiro himself, but the truth was going to be revealed in son of ogre, things like, why yuujiro started to fight? when he left home and what he did? the special chapter was only a preview of what's coming.

I will discuss the saga of ALI jr later

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 17:25      Sujet du message:

Mortel

I can understand that, Baki has to grow with the people who read it. I never wanted Baki to be like DBZ, but there are certain aspects to the Baki world (training, fighting, etc) that made me so excited to read each new volume. Now every time I get a new SOO in the mail, I finish it and go right back to my Grappler Baki/SOOSH. I like SOO, I just don't get all that excited like I used to when I read it.

What the hell is Baki going to do when there's nobody left to fight anyway? Baki's only hobbies were eating and training...

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 18:37      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

you guys pls somebody send me book 31 from new grappler baki!!!

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 18:51      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Actually Baki has tons of hobbies which he hides from Yuujiro since he doesnt want him to ambush him there or spoil the fun, first is fishing and camping around Mt Fuji, he visits the elder sage and yashasaru and sleeps in the caves, he loves to travel around, Baki is very sociable and he permits himlsef a few friends, second He loves to hang around with Kozue and "do it until the desire was gone and nothing was left" also he runs around with musashi and I am sure that Baki will retire completely after he "shakes off" the prescence of Yuujiro around, as long as yuujiro is undefeated, Baki has no chance to live a normal life, nor his eventual wife and the eventual sons & grandsons, he said he will not claim the title of the strongest in Korakuen.

Bro, such a letdown, and I thought Scarface was translated...

Chapter 7Wind

(page 8)
(1 – right character) What the…?
(1 - left character) It’s huge…

(page 9)
(1) Please help me

(page 10)
(1) It hurts…
(2) What?
(3 - right character) Nijuro…
(3—left character) Go away

(page 11)
(1) I could enter in the middle of that…
(2 – left character) It seems like a stuffed doll
(2 – right character) Wanna take a picture?
(2) It’s huge!

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 19:22      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

well reichan i see that you like this kind of baki.i for one read this manga because is an martial arts one and the characters altough different have the same goal.If you pay close attention itagaki shows that baki doesn't have that fighting rush,Speck kicked the shit out of him,if you want to defeat yujiro you can't permit a fighter like that leave you uncounciuss even for 3 sec .After seing Yujiro against the old master at the chienesse tournament he realizes that he's far away from yujiro..''i could runaway and hide in a place and live a normal life''...as i said before for baki to defeat yujiro has become a burdden.I for one altough don't want yujiro to be defeated ,i dont want that this story has a happpy ending of good overcoming evil.Yujiro is the true fighter his dream is power and no one has a bigger ego than him ''I am the best,i will always be the best''.

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 19:39      Sujet du message:

Mortel

The camping part I can understand, he did that in the earlier Baki series and a little bit with Kozue. However, he doesn't have Kozue anymore and who took care of Musashi while Baki was in America? I don't think Baki can retire from fighting even if he wants to, it's all he's done his whole life. I think when Baki defeats Yuujiro he'll only feel "empty" as he's finally completed what it took his entire lifetime to achieve.

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 20:13      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Frankly, Baki's change makes zero sense. If he's tired of fighting and simply wants to retire to a normal life. Then why is he still able to kick so much ass even more easily than before? Every choice comes with a consequence, and Baki's has none. He slept with kozue all day and was ambushed by Yanagi/Slosky. But, somehow manage to defeat them both. . .wtf?!

So, Baki's allowed to train half assed compared to fighters like Jack, but get better results? I detest that about him now, because when his mother died. He realized that he needed to work harder, which is why he went around the world to [and I quote] "Find the power to defeat his father]. Yet, his relationship with Kozue made him want a normal life. . .get real!

Furthermore, Baki knew for a long time that the only way out was to make it too the top of the fighting world. He never whined, moaned, or resented that. He was glad to take that challenge, but now it's a burden. So, if that's the case, then he should fall to the bottom of the totem pole. Frankly, I don't care how deep Baki's become. . .I never read it for that. I liked Baki, he inspired me. . .but now it seems that itagaki wants us to pity Baki. I will not, especially if he keeps winning.

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 21:21      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

Jack trains more than baki ...maybe itagaki will rename his manga..soon we will read Jack the Grappler :))

MessagePosté: 30 Nov 2007 23:15      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Mr War a écrit:
Frankly, Baki's change makes zero sense. If he's tired of fighting and simply wants to retire to a normal life. Then why is he still able to kick so much ass even more easily than before? Every choice comes with a consequence, and Baki's has none. He slept with kozue all day and was ambushed by Yanagi/Slosky. But, somehow manage to defeat them both. . .wtf?!

So, Baki's allowed to train half assed compared to fighters like Jack, but get better results? I detest that about him now, because when his mother died. He realized that he needed to work harder, which is why he went around the world to [and I quote] "Find the power to defeat his father]. Yet, his relationship with Kozue made him want a normal life. . .get real!

Furthermore, Baki knew for a long time that the only way out was to make it too the top of the fighting world. He never whined, moaned, or resented that. He was glad to take that challenge, but now it's a burden. So, if that's the case, then he should fall to the bottom of the totem pole. Frankly, I don't care how deep Baki's become. . .I never read it for that. I liked Baki, he inspired me. . .but now it seems that itagaki wants us to pity Baki. I will not, especially if he keeps winning.

Baki beat Yanagi and Slosky because sex makes you more badass. Simple as that. :)

I think the author wants to show the difference between Baki and Yujiro, Yujiro is pretty much the ultimate fighter, but obviously a terrible person.
And fights in manga are rarely just fights, they're usually clashes of viewpoints/philosophies, where the winner gets to prove his point.
There's no point in beating Yujiro if it means becoming just like him.

MessagePosté: 01 Déc 2007 00:37      Sujet du message:

Mortel

I'm basically on the same frame of mind that a_nevels666 is on.

MessagePosté: 01 Déc 2007 09:41      Sujet du message:

Mortel évolué

all that sex can't make you better...after a fuck like that your testosteron level are way low...and what substance the body needs most when a person trains or fight huh?

MessagePosté: 01 Déc 2007 15:32      Sujet du message:

Mortel

Silviu a écrit:
all that sex can't make you better...after a fuck like that your testosteron level are way low...and what substance the body needs most when a person trains or fight huh?

:roll:
Of course we're not talking about real life, but in an unrealistic 80s macho-universe like Grappler Baki sex makes you more badass. Just roll with it.

It's not like Yujiro stopping an earthquake with a punch or a caveman being revived in the present are exactly all that realistic!

Poster un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 1686 messages ]  Aller à la page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 43  Suivante

Heures au format UTC + 1 heure [ Heure d’été ]